Saturday, September 10, 2011

9-11 Prayer "Double Portion"


My prayer for anyone suffering from loss, especially the loss of a loved one, is Isaiah 61:7-9 "... and so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them. Their descendants will be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the LORD has blessed.”

On September 10, I completed my second Bradley Smith Memorial 5K Run. Bradley's parents have taken what the enemy meant for harm and are turning it around for good. The Smith's have raised thousands of dollars to help young people with college scholarships. They are receiving a double portion of God's grace, love and mercy as they give to young people in honor of their military hero and son, Bradley. In the above photo, you can see God's grace shining through the Smith's faces; they are people that the Lord is blessing with a double portion!

(In the photo, left to right, me, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, my husband, Kyle and son, Zach.)

No comments:

Post a Comment