Friday, June 24, 2011

The Simple Things in Life


Never underestimate the power of the spoken word. Proverbs 15:23 "What a joy it is to find just the right word for the right occasion!" Five years ago today my daughter, Amber, went to heaven to be with Jesus. When I think back about the time surrounding her passing, I remember the words of encouragement spoken to me by friends. Simple, heartfelt words and cards saying, "I'm praying for you." A phone call. A visit. It didn't take much, but the impact of these gestures was profound.

I recently helped my friend, Gail plant flowers. She is sprucing up her house to sell in a tough market. Gail and the rest of her family can't join her husband in another state until the house sells. Planting flowers with a friend may seem insignificant, but I am trusting that God will multiply what I gave and make a profound impact. I prayed while I planted, trusting that God would bring just the right people to buy the house. I encouraged Gail. Take what you have and give it in service to God. The impact you make will be profound!

No comments:

Post a Comment