Friday, October 8, 2010

Carry Me to the Finish Line

Today I am quoting from Mercy graduate Kristin Johnson, who spoke to my running group before their half-marathon. "I would encourage you to think on how Mercy Ministries is a vessel of God's love that's transforming the lives of young women who desperately need hope. You are standing in the gap for them to reach that finish line that seems impossible to them.
There will probably be a moment your run that might be challenging,and in that moment the most powerful strength that God is going to give you is by envisioning Jesus carrying a weak and exhausted Mercy Ministries girl in His arms crossing that finish line with the prize of restoration and transformation for these woman who deserve their freedom, and ultimately defeating the enemy".
I will visualize this when my marathon is challenging, Jesus carrying a Mercy girl across the finish line! Thank you, Kristen, for sharing these words. You are my hero! You inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment